Thursday, November 6, 2008

Finished

Little Bird 1 - Kelly E. Akin

I have finished with my work for the Holiday bazaar. Which is a great thing since it is on Saturday and it is Thursday night. I about as happy as I can get about what I have made. I always feel really nervous when I am showing my pieces to anyone. This is a school event so it makes it a little more nerve-racking. The hard part was coming up with pieces that I liked, but didn't display too much. Most of my feelings go into my art and I am not keen on sharing those with people who know me and my kids thru school. If it was a different venue that would be different, but this is the kids school. I think I came up with a good mix. I also made some rings and hair clips which was really fun.

Time is flying by so fast and there are already Christmas commercials on. I think I want to get to Thanksgiving first. Then think about Christmas. Isn't that what used to happen? Did everybody do all their shopping etc... before Thanksgiving? I know I have been thinking about what the kids want for Christmas and what we might be able to get them. I think I end up going a bit overboard most years. They really don't need a bunch of stuff.

Anyway, I am hoping to be back in my studio working after this Holiday Bazaar. The following weekend Maggie is having a bunch of little girls over for her birthday. I have no idea what we are going to do, but it is only two hours. So maybe I can really work after that day. At some point I have to stop making excuses and just get into the studio. There is a lot of fun things I want to do. I don't feel like I have played in a long time and I can't wait to go thru my stuff. I have so many fun things to try! I have been thinking about making some encaustic collages. Also, some transfers to canvas and so much more.

Above is a sneak peek of what will be at the Holiday Bazaar.

No comments: