Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Clear


I made it to the studio tonight. I am so happy. I get so cranky when I don't have my time out there. I worked some and cleaned some and it was great. I am a pretty unorganized person, but my studio has everything that I want and it all has a home. I think the only reason I am able to keep it that way is that I am the only one who uses it. If the kids were out there I would not be able to keep it organized as easily. I always think I want to share my space with the kids, and in the summer I do, but it actually drives me crazy when they are in my studio messing with stuff. I don't mind if I pull things out for them to use. I usually buy them their own supplies so I don't have to worry about mine. I feel bad that it annoys me so much. I think everyone needs some small space of their own when you live with other people. Even if it's just a corner table. I know how important it is to me. Josh has his own space too.

So, I worked on two pieces tonight. One I finished and figured out that gel medium and my color prints don't mix well. There is some green on it. Oops. The second one I will have pictures of tomorrow. The paint is not dry yet.

Still haven't organized my house. There is not a lot of storage space around here so it is a challenge. This is one of my goals for the new year. My best bet is probably to purge a lot of stuff. I think that just might be my next step.

No comments: