Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hitting the wall...







So, I guess I forgot to post yesterday. I loaded about 200 photos onto Flickr and I think I spaced that I didn't put any here. 

Yesterday was a fairly productive day in the studio. I made a one piece and primed the paper (I use water color paper) for more. So the top piece I made yesterday after watching this very amazing historical event on TV. The other ones I made on Friday and Saturday.

Today is a whole other story. I feel really unproductive. I just spent about 1.5 hours in the studio and came up with nothing new. I painted a little, but I just didn't have any ideas. Part of it might be that I was just distracted by how cold my feet and hands were. But I just feel like I have lost my creative mojo. I know the best cure is to keep working so I tried a couple things, it's just nothing is clicking. It's very frustrating. I can't force anything though. I know that just makes me more frustrated. So, I have hit a proverbial wall. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get past it? 

The second piece is my little joke. I LOVE old typewriters. I collect them. I even have a typewriter charm bracelet my friend Serena gave me. I wear it every day. Anyway, that is what the second piece is about. It's pretty silly, but I like it. 

So this is random, but here it is anyway. Since my studio is outside and minus heat I keep warm using mechanics overalls. I bought them to keep warm, but I also realized I am a very messy painter. So now I wear them all the time and I can wipe my hands wherever I want. It's great. And I don't get paint on my clothes so I don't have to worry about that. I bought mine at a thrift store for about $6.00 which is a steal. Anyway, a little random tip. 

No comments: