Monday, February 23, 2009

Play


For some reason I have a really hard time just playing with sewing. I love to sew, but I always feel like I need something really practical to sew. I brought out my new machine (a Viking Emerald 116) for Saturdays craft day and did not sew anything. The machine was never even turned on. I did have a really great day visiting with friends though. So yesterday I finally broke it in. I made two tote bags. That was really fun. I have all these awesome sewing books with great stuff to sew. I just wish I didn't feel like everything had to have a specific purpose. There is a doll in one of my books that Maggie really wants me to make. It actually looks uncomplicated which is perfect for me. I'm not sure if that is the next project I will do or not. Either way I hope to post a picture of something that I made just for the "fun" of it.
Since I am not taking a good picture of my tote bags here is just a random photo of someone who always likes to play.

1 comment:

keely said...

oh! enjoy your new machine. ;-)