Monday, March 2, 2009

Inspiration...




Looking over my previous blog posts I realize that I have been pretty negative. Bummer. So, I have decided I would like to change directions a little. At least try to be more positive. I realized that I was complaining a lot when I was whining yesterday to my husband about not knowing what to do. Do I go sew on my new sewing machine? Or do I go out to my (very own) studio and paint? I was complaining. I am so embarrassed to say that. I am a very lucky person to have all of these AMAZING creative tools at my disposal. I live on a budget, but I allow myself a fair amount of leeway when it comes to art supplies of any kind.
Yesterday I chose to sew. I had a blast. I love my new machine and I actually used up a bunch of scraps that I had laying around. That was fun. My daughter got a new little cinch bag out of it so she was happy.
Today I went and painted. I didn't have a lot of time, but I did get out to the studio. I was able to have the doors wide open. The sun was out and it was warm. At least warmer than it has been. It was great. I didn't finish a piece, but I made a good start and will have a picture when it is done.

I hope the weather or your family etc.. inspired you today.

2 comments:

keely said...

i know! I loved having that little window of good weather this week. It was such a nice surprise. You ARE lucky to have such an amazing studio space at your house. Enjoy it ;-)

Julie L said...

Kelly,

You rock! I haven't been to your blog in a while - I love the pieces you have posted. You definitely have a unique and established style. Have you ever reproduced you work for cards or framed art? I could see your pieces selling at Tilde or Fuschia as local venues.