Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring cleaning....


I have been away for a bit and neglected my blog. I spent some time at Josh's dad's houseboat which was very relaxing. Then I was able to go to the beach (the kids and I ) with my friend Serena and her kids. I feel really inspired. I spent some time out in my studio yesterday and even went and picked up some new paints that I needed. All in all I am feeling pretty good.
I unfortunately also happen to have a mess of a house. You know that feeling when you just have too much stuff and it just weighs on you. That is about how I feel. I need to start my spring cleaning, but I don't know where to start. I am a pile maker. I like to make piles of things, but then I have to sort the piles eventually. That is when I run into trouble. My house is full of piles of stuff I probably don't need. The trick is for me to sit down and sort. There are piles of shoes, clothes, papers from school, bills, BOOKS (that's a big one). I know you are supposed to sit and break it all down into a manageable size and all that, but that just seems like so much work! I really just want it all done right now. I think that is the crux of the problem. I usually start working on too many things at once and then get overwhelmed and am half done with all of it. Then the piles grow again and the process starts all over. There has to be a better way for me to get this stuff done. I think I need one of those professional organizers to come in and do it for me. I can't imagine how much stuff I could get rid of then. It sounds wonderful. Why is it so hard to get rid of stuff?

No comments: