Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy time...




So, being as yesterday was Mothers Day I ended up having a lot of time in the studio. Josh BBQ'd and the kids gave me homemade gifts. It was a sweet day.
I came up with two new pieces which were fun to make. The names were both inspired by songs I was listening to at the time. The first on is called "Blue Moon". I was listening to the Cowboy Junkies version and I love it so much. It seemed to fit the piece. The second piece is called "Have mercy". I was listening to Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose and that song came on. It seemed like an appropriate title for a piece that didn't seem to want to go right. I kind of like it now. It has MANY layers of beeswax which look pretty cool. I don't think I have ever put this many layers on one piece before. It was fun, but a little frustrating. I just didn't know when this piece was going to be done. I just added both of these to my Etsy shop.

Since both my kids are home from school today I am not getting much of anything done. I am slowly working my way thru Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. It's fun to read.
Other than that I am hoping to get out in the studio tonight and for the rest of the week. For once it looks like a pretty tame one.

No comments: