Wednesday, May 27, 2009

How to keep the heart healthy


That's the name of one of my new pieces. I like this one. I used coffee dyed paper and a charcoal heart that I had made a long time ago. The title I found out of an old medical book that I collect. I used some oil paint for highlighting parts of it.

I haven't been out to the studio today. It's been a crazy day. I am counting on tomorrow for some time. I did check out a new book from the library to give me some inspiration. It's called Material Obsession: Modern Quilts with Traditional roots. I don't quilt, but I love the patterns that quilters use and the colors of the fabrics. I think sometimes I find more inspiration from other objects besides paintings. Fashion, quilting, scrapbooking, bookmaking etc.. all are really inspiring to me. I don't do them (I sew sometimes), but they usually have great color and lines.

I just re-worked my Etsy shop. I have been learning so much about how to do things. I realized that my descriptions were pretty boring and my tags were not right. I also made sure all the titles were in the right format. Then I posted two new pieces. Whew, it's been busy. Take a look if you get a chance and let me know what you think.

Also, if any of you have any positive plumbing thoughts send them our way. We have a leaky pipe and have to rent a jackhammer just to get to the pipe. Eek, that is seriously scary.

No comments: