Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Pieces




I made some new things. I actually made one today and then a couple a few days ago that I had forgotten about. They are pretty personal, but I thought I would post them anyway. Sometimes things need to be made and put out there. When I had an art show at Space Monkey a year and a half or so ago all of those pieces were extremely personal. Each and every one had a story that was pretty painful for me. The funny thing was that after showing all of those pieces it sort of purged all of that bad stuff for me. So although the pieces I make are still really personal (what art isn't) they don't carry the same baggage that the other pieces did. I still sometimes have a hard time and will come up with something that might be crappy, but it had to be made at the time. "forgive me" was one of those pieces for me today. It just had to be made. For my own personal benefit I guess. Sort of like why I feel the need sometimes to come and write on this blog. I have no idea if anyone even reads it, but I always feel better after I have written here. It saves Josh from having his ear talked off so that has to be good too.

Tonight is my kids Art Night at school. I am really excited to see what they have come up with. I love looking at what creative ideas kids have. Even when they have an art assignment each and every one is so different. It's such a thrill to see it all out there. I love that the kids school does something like this.

I have been putting Bon Iver on repeat over here. I love him. I went through this time a few weeks ago of listening to him over and over again, then I stopped. Now I am back. I highly recommend checking him out if you haven't heard him. Beautiful stuff....

3 comments:

Tara.Fields said...

I read almost all of your blog entries.

Kelly said...

THANK YOU TARA!

shakti space designs said...

I don't get to your blog everyday, but when I do I spend time catching up on all your posts.

I just love seeing you evolve with the encaustic medium. Kudos my friend!