Sunday, June 7, 2009

Can't come up with a title.



I can't seem to think of a title for this post. That's how it's been in the studio too. I am struggling creatively. Or I was really struggling and now it's coming a little easier. I came up with a piece today that I like. That was a huge relief. The one above is what I came up with and it will go in my shop today.

I feel like I have neglected both my shop and my blog. Even though it has only been a couple days, I still get used to blogging and posting to the shop everyday. It was hard when I was not making anything for a couple days. Nothing to post about, nothing new to put in the shop. I think part of it was that I was so wrapped up in the "business plan" and all the writing and figures etc.. that I stopped using my creative brain for a bit. I don't know if that is really what happens, but that is what it feels like. Plus, I think the more feedback you have the easier it is to be creative. Sometimes not having anyone outside my work makes me feel a isolated. In my own creative bubble and that is not always a good place to be. So, here I am. Posting again and updating the shop.

I hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think you are right that it requires two different parts of your brain to create art vs work on a business plan. It seems like it would be hard to switch gears quickly. I like the new piece though!