Monday, June 8, 2009

Circles, Circles Everywhere....



I don't always know what I want to make when I make things. I just come up with something and that is it. Lately I have been very preoccupied with circles. I really like them. I assume most people like circles, but lately I have been a bit obsessed with them. I have no idea why or what that says about me. The piece above is called "Circle 2". It obliviously has circles.

I think I am almost out of my creative rut. I worked on several pieces today. There not all done. There is one that I think has a lot of potential. The base of it is pretty good (if I do say so myself) and I think I can really add to it and make it look good. I have this idea brewing in my head and I think if I just give it a little more time I might come out with it.

My kids have two more days of school left which leaves me a little worried. I value my studio time. And I especially like it when there are no distractions. So, I have to alter my schedule to get up before the kids do so I can work in the morning. Problem is, I am not sure that I can be really ready to go at 6am. I imagine it will be like anything else and I will just have to get used to it. The nice thing is that it's light at 6 am now. That helps!

No comments: