Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Countdown....


Tomorrow is the last day of school for my kids. So today I went and had coffee with my lovely friend Cinda at Stumptown Coffee (the best coffee as far as I am concerned). It was really nice. I am going to miss having that time this summer. I think my coffee dates will be few and far between this summer. Bye, bye free/me time.

Those ideas that I have about my piece that I started yesterday are still brewing. I actually think we will be going somewhere this weekend away from my studio and the computer. I am ok with this. I think I need a little break from both. I will be bringing my sketch book though.

I am on the hunt for an electric griddle. I have looked at two Goodwill's so far and neither one had one. I have found them new, but I was hoping to get a used one. Maybe people just like to hold on to them? I can tell you I found a whole lot of sandwich presses and coffee makers. No griddles. If any of you out there know of one that is unloved and needs a new home let me know. I would make a great home for it here in my studio.

So, no new pieces to post about. I am trying to go easy on myself and accept that I am not always going to have a new piece. I think I repeat this to myself at least once a month. One of these days it will actually sink in.

No comments: