Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Crisis averted...


Ok, I'm just kidding. It wasn't really a crisis. It was just some anxiety I had to get over. I did too. I worked some more and came up with the above piece which I like. I just posted in my shop if you are interested. It felt good to put something new in there! I am loving this Alzarin Crimson encaustic paint. I made it myself. I just love the deep color of it. I used the red and then burnt umber. I think this might be one of my favorite combinations. They look so good together.

So, I just worked. That is all I did. I am out here again ready to work. I am starting a little later than normal, but that is alright. My kids stayed up too late last night and are both dragging today. Which means more work time for me. As long as they don't get too cranky this could be a really great day!

It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day today. I hope you all are able to get out and enjoy it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

so lovely!!

miz katie said...

i just found your blog, and your work is very lovely. i've subscribed to your feed, so i'll be back.