Wednesday, June 10, 2009

new!


So, today I bought some new equipment. I am so excited I can barely take it. I bought an electric frying pan. It's super old and really heavy and I love it. Why an electric frying pan? Well, originally I thought I would look for an electric griddle, but I checked around and couldn't find one. So, I went to my all-time favorite thrift store today Red, White and Blue and found the EFP. I needed it because my old system for melting wax was extremely slow and time consuming. I had to wait each time I added more wax to my tiny little metal cup. The EFP allows me to melt lots of wax in different colors all at one time. It is REALLY cool.

I already broke it in and I have only had it for about 2 hours! The piece above is what I made using a white encaustic wax and a red. So fun. I think this is what I needed to break me out of my rut a bit. While I am incognito this weekend I think I am going to work some more on my business plan. Maybe doing it away from home and away from my studio will allow me to come back home and focus on creating. We'll see.

Today is the last day of school. It seems appropriate that in Portland on the last day of school it rains. I guess we can say at least it isn't cold.

P.S. I will be posting this one in the shop sometime today!

1 comment:

littlebyrd said...

I love Red White and Blue! And your art! Very beautiful.