Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Productivity



Today has been a very productive day. I didn't make it out to the studio, but I did make it over to Alea's for some good information and good company. We talked about business plans. Not the most exciting topic, but necessary. I feel like I really have my head around what I need to do now. Which is a huge relief. It's hard to know all this stuff just like that. I realize it's going to take a bit of time, but it will be worth it. I LOVE the idea of having business goals that are there to give me direction. I am hoping that with a proper business and marketing plan, I can direct my decisions so that they match with the plan.

In other news, I was artistically productive yesterday. Above is the second piece I made. It's called "I wish I was the moon" ( I put it in the shop yesterday). I was listening to Neko Case and she says that line. I just love it. It makes me feel inspired. Music will always do that to me though. I am loving Mason Jennings right now. I was listening to him last Saturday when I made the collage. His music is not too serious and good for keeping your spirits high. I find that I can't do anything without my music. I like a huge variety of artists. I have over 2,300 songs on my computer in the studio. That is all I use it for is music. I don't have an ipod or any such thing so the computer works great. Someday I might have wireless internet and be able to make these posts directly from my studio. That would be awesome. Someday.....

I just found the website of an artist that I really like Amy Stoner. She is an encaustic artist and her work is fantastic. She's a fellow PDXer and teaches at DIY lounge. I would love to take a class from her someday. I think it is so inspiring to see what other artists are making. Especially when it comes to encaustic. I am new at this stuff, but I love it so much I can't imagine not using wax in my work. Which makes me wonder how I am going to use up all these awesome acrylic paints I have.... I do have a lot of projects (journal covers etc..) that I want to get to. Those acrylics will come in handy for those things. Maybe I will have some of those projects to post sometime in the near future....

No comments: