Wednesday, June 3, 2009

There it is, the rough (very rough) draft of my business plan. I worked on it all day and night yesterday. That is probably not the way you are supposed to do it, but I felt the need to get all this down. Writing it made me realize just how much I have to do. There are still so many things that I need to do to make this a successful business. It's a long, long list. I know I can do it. It's just making sure I have the time to do it all. I just wrote to a friend about how much time I was really spending working on all of this (blog, etsy, business plan etc...) It's a full-time job already. My time just is spread out between the morning, afternoon, pick up kids, spend time with kids, kids bedtime and then work some more. This summer should be interesting. I am not sure how our schedule is going to work. I know that I will have to adapt to being an early riser. That is probably the only time I will have to work alone in my studio. I just have to get up a couple hours before the kids do. I think I can manage that.
Now that I have done the rough draft of the business plan I feel like I really do have concrete goals. It made me put down on paper exactly where I want to be and how I will judge whether or not I have actually met those goals. After being told that it is adaptable and changeable it made me feel better. I really don't know what the future will bring, but at least I have a clearer idea of where I want it to go right now.
I made this piece today. I don't know if you can see the little tree on there... Anyway, I like this piece. I was feeling kind of sick today and a little stuck with my artwork. Usually when I feel sick it's much harder to create anything. But I was able to make something after all. I think it will go in my shop tomorrow. Still feeling kind of yucky so I might actually take some time to rest. Then I probably will put this in my shop tonight because I don't like waiting!

1 comment:

Erika Lee Sears said...

Congrats! on getting your business plan on paper and really visualizing your goals. It's always a challenge to really formulate the plan to get to the goal.