Friday, June 19, 2009

Working away...



Well, I have been waking up early and working. So far, so good. I like having the rest of the day to not worry about getting out to the studio. I find that ideas come a lot easier too. This I think will work well for me. It also helps if I let the kids stay up later as they sleep until later in the morning.

I had some really good news the other day. I found out I was accepted into the Skating with Scissors show which is September 19. I am really excited. This will be my first event with my encaustic paintings. I'm a little nervous as I have to make things for the show and my etsy shop, but I have lots of time so I should be fine. I also sold something yesterday which is way cool. My second piece sold. It feels really good to sell something again. I feel like I will get my momentum at some point so if I can sell something that is good for me.

I made a new piece this morning that is above. I like it. I am still learning how to take photos of my pieces. The color balance is a little more difficult for me. I am noticing that a lot of my pieces have a blueish tint to them. I am taking them outside in natural light so I don't know where the tint is coming from. Anybody out there have any advice for how to get rid of it? I have been trying to take the blue out with Photoshop, but I would like to have it removed when I actually take the picture.

1 comment:

Alea Bone said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats on the 2nd Etsy sale! Must feel so good to know that your shop is working and people want your stuff! Glad to hear the mornings are working for you, I am going to try that. Keep up the momentum I will try to follow your lead.