Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hi!

I just wanted to say hello. It is 6am and I am out in the studio. Usually I would be waking up right now, but I woke up at 430. I can usually fall back to sleep when I wake up that early, but today I didn't. I was actually really excited to make it out here. It's a little chilly which is nice. I was told by a friend that it was supposed to be 95 degrees today. I guess summer is here for real.

Today I have some ideas swirling in my head about what I will make. I don't know how things will turn out, but I think it's going to be fun to work. I am currently waiting for all the wax to melt. Sometimes that can be the hardest part. Unlike another medium where you just get started you have to wait on the wax to melt. The plus of that is the wax smell fills up my studio and makes it smell nice. The downside is just the waiting. Most of the time I turn the wax on and do something else while I am waiting (like doing this post). Other times I literally just wait until the wax melts. That of course is like waiting for a kettle to boil. It feels so looong.

I have noticed that some of my pictures of my art in the shop look off in color. I think I have to go back and fix them. It's the crummy monitor I have out here. Unfortunately it is all I have so I have to go with it. I checked the pics out on our other computer (with a much better monitor) and realized that my reds look more like magenta. Also, some of the contrast is off with the other ones. If you have looked in my shop you might want to check it out later. I am going to re post some photos here in the next couple of hours. I will probably leave the photos the same on the blog. Maybe not, but most likely I will. So if you want to see the actual colors check out my shop!

No comments: