Monday, July 6, 2009

Holding pattern....



I hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend here in the states. I know I did. I think I might have had a little too much fun on the 4th, but it was worth it. I took a little time off from the studio this weekend. I didn't intend to actually take a break it just worked out that way. I am finding that I may not want to take a break. I seem to have a bit of a hard time finding my momentum when I do that. Today has been hard to get something made. I have made a couple pieces, but they are nothing that I feel really good about. I feel like I have some ideas (I know I have said this before) that are just below the surface. I have pulled out my sketchbook and will work in that a bit.

The above piece was made last week. The two I have made today I don't like and I think it just might be that they are not completely finished. I think I will come back to them tomorrow with some fresh ideas.

No comments: