Monday, July 20, 2009

New piece same series

I made a new piece today. It's my fifth "little white dress" piece. I love making these. This one has little buttons made out of a vintage map. The white trim is from my stash of vintage sewing supplies. I love finding stuff I can use in new ways. I am going to post this in my neglected shop today. Poor thing needs an update.

I had a really lovely weekend. My friend Serena had a birthday party on Saturday night which was really fun. I was able to meet some new people and put faces to names that I have heard. They had a lovely fire going. It was great. Then yesterday I had a brunch for some girlfriends. I didn't take any pictures of either events! I can't believe that I forgot. Anyway, it was really nice to see everyone in one place. The food was good and the company was great. The only downside was that it was really hot and my yard does not have shade. From what I have been told it sounds like it's going to be a hot week in general. Welcome to July.

I worked out in my studio today and it felt great. I have not really been out there on a consistent basis. But that is going to change this week. I didn't wake up early like I normally do, but I still made it out there. I have a few ideas swimming in my head that I hope to get down soon. I will post more pictures as more pieces are made and ready for the shop.

So the Skating with Scissors show is 2 months away and I am getting nervous. I don't have any display ideas. I also don't really have a display in my budget. I am trying to think of something that is easily mobile and looks good. I will be searching the internet for ideas. Hopefully I can find something that Josh and I can build. We are not real DIYers, but we can give it a shot. It has to stand up at least for this show. Depending on how it goes I will then decide if I do anymore. I have one that I am for sure doing in November. That is for my kids school. It was great last year and I think it's going to be even better this year. I will post info when it comes closer to the event.

Stay cool Portlanders!

No comments: