Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Surprises

"flower"

"Francaise"

I was able to get up early today and get some work done in the studio. The pieces I came up with this morning were a surprise. They are different than what I have been working on. They are collage pieces, but they are on the cute side. I have a lot of things that I want to get done today and I think I just wanted to keep my art simple. It was pretty fun. I am going to be putting "Francaise" in the shop today.

I recovered from my dry spell yesterday. I am picked up this book from the library: Wallpaper Projects: 50 Craft and Design Ideas for Your Home, from Accents to Art. It's a really inspiring book. I love all the small prints. It also got me thinking about crafts and some of the things I haven't spent my time doing. I usually love crafty stuff. This got all sorts of ideas whirling in my mind. I don't actually have any wallpaper hanging around, but I do collect scrapbook paper. Scrapbook paper has some of the coolest patterns. So, I thought I might use some of that. I have a special project that I will be working on for a brunch I am having. I will stay mum on that though since some of the attendees ( I think) read this blog.

Tomorrow is my birthday. To make it fun I am going to be doing a giveaway! I haven't picked the piece yet. Stay tuned tomorrow morning and I will have more details.

1 comment:

Erika Lee Sears said...

Love your work! Happy belated birthday. :)