Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting Ready...




I am gearing up for the Skating with Scissors show. I have a bunch of new work that I will show there and then post it to Etsy (if it doesn't sell!) I am getting pretty excited. I feel like I have most things in order. I have things I still would like to make, but I have time. It's not until the 19th so I really have about 10 days. Of course, a few of those days are going to be taken up with kid stuff and then there is the fact that although I may want to sometimes, I can't actually spend every moment in my studio.

The kids are back in school and it is nice. It was such a quiet day today. Normally I would have been out here working, but I had my eyes dilated at the dr's this morning and it lasted a while. Tomorrow no drs appointment so I plan on using my time wisely. The kids are so happy to be back in school and they love their teachers so I can feel good about that even if I didn't get any work done.

The above two pieces are one's I worked on this weekend. The black one unfortunately had a lot of glare no matter where I positioned it. It was a productive long weekend for me. I looked at some old pieces I had done and saw some things I really didn't like. It's really hard for me to not judge what I have done in the past. I have to say, the couple of pieces I didn't like really were bad. I think I just needed to make "something" at the time, but now I look at them and realize I could do so much better. I am not disappointed (don't want to sound like that) just glad that I have other pieces that worked out much better. Anyway, it was good to look thru some older pieces and figure out what I wanted to pull for the show. I know I don't need too many pieces, but I want a good variety to choose from.

I have to say I am enjoying the cool weather in the morning. It seems fitting for kids going back to school to have a chilly morning.

No comments: