Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My little white dress 6


This is my 6th Little White dress painting. They are so fun to make. This one has map tacks for buttons. It's really fun to come up with different items to use. I worked on another piece that I will have a picture of tomorrow. It's one that I had already worked on and thought I had finished. But when I looked at it today I realized there was a lot that could be done. It just wasn't finished. I think I have finished it. It looks much better. I am really happy with it.

I am not really working for the Skating with Scissor sale. I am working because it's not really work or an obligation, but because I can't imagine not being out in my studio. I can't imagine not working on a painting. It's strange how things go. I have been doing something creative for about the last 15 years. I have only been able to call myself an artist in the last year. I didn't take any art classes in high school or jr. high. I never would have even considered myself creative back then. It was not something that I was. I wasn't the one who had any artistic talent. It's amazing to me how much has changed. I truly feel like an artist when I am in my studio. Although most of the time if people ask me what I do I still say I am a stay at home mom. I am trying to break that habit. I am a stay at home mom, but I am an artist too. That felt really strange to write that by the way. I am so tempted to delete that, but I won't. I guess I am not as comfortable as I thought I am was with calling myself an artist. I just need to get used to it I guess.

I think we are all artists in our own way. Some can make their houses really beautiful, some people can make a meal look beautiful etc.. There are friends of mine who have many creative talents. I am a lucky person to know them. They inspire me greatly. I wish some of what they have would rub off! I have a lot to learn still, but I feel lucky in that I know so many artists and they are my friends.

No comments: