Monday, September 14, 2009

New stuff...




I have been working in the studio these past couple of days. The Skating with Scissors show is this coming Saturday (the 19th) at the Hangar at Oaks Park from 10am to 7pm. I am getting really excited about it. I have more work than I will probably need, but I can't stop making stuff. I feel like I am on a roll and I don't want to stop. Although I have to admit, today I am feeling really lazy about working. I have sort of forced myself to come out in the studio. I have a house that needs cleaning, but I can do that later. I like taking advantage of the time the kids are in school.

This weekend was a good one. I was able to get more supplies that I needed for the show. It's kind of fun having to buy bags and make business cards. I know I should probably at least go to Kinkos for business cards, but I am trying to economize. So, I made my own. They are super plain, but I like them. I tried to think if there was anything I could add to them since they are white with my info. in black. Not exactly exciting. Anyway, I have just decided to leave them be. As long as it has my info on it that is probably all I need. There is a lot to have for a show. I didn't realize just how much there really is to have. My friend Jen Neitzel was really helpful in telling me what I needed to bring. She is a pro. She has done many shows and knows all the things that you don't think of needing, but you really do.

This week I plan on more studio work. I am going to Collage today to buy some more beeswax and see what other goodies I can find. I am a fan of rub-on's and use them once in a while on my collages. I am interested to see what I can find today. This is probably going to be my only shopping of the week. And it won't really be shopping since I am on a really limited budget. That is part of the challenge though. I like the idea of making do with what you have. And I have plenty. But it's so fun to get new things for art. I guess the real challenge is balancing those two out. Wish me luck!

Note: just realized how off center the "buttons" are on the dress. I thought it would look cute, but it just looks really crooked. I will be fixing that.

1 comment:

Alea Bone said...

This post just made me really nervous! I would love to pow-wow with you about what we need for the show, I would hate to be unprepared! I wish I could say that I have as much work as you, but I will only have a small offering in comparison. Hopefully the quality will make up for the quantity? I'm glad we will be neighbors, I will need your support!