Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Feng Shui


Before Studio
Ok, I don't really know anything about Feng Shui except for things that I have heard or read, but I do know that I cleaned my studio up yesterday and a couple hours later I sold a painting on Etsy! Maybe I cleaned up or cleared out or whatever you do to get better energy coming in. I don't know, but I am pretty happy about it. From the before pictures you can see that it was really bad. I had neglected that space and it was making it really hard to work in there. It's not done now, but it is on it's way. I created separate work areas for my encaustics and my acrylics. I had been meaning to do this for a long time, but never did. Usually because when I went out there I just wanted to work and not clean. It feels so good to clean! Now if only I felt that way about cleaning up my house!

After Studio



The other thing I have been doing is re-reading Twyla Tharp's book The Creative Habit. I highly recommend this book. I like her writing just for the fact that it is completely straight forward. She basically lets you know that if you don't get out there and create you are never going to be any better at your art. She uses a lot of examples of other artists from all different backgrounds and talents and it makes it really interesting to read. I also like that it's not just about making art a habit, but about how we create it and how to get past those pesky critics we all have in our head. I received this book for Christmas a couple of years ago and read it then, but I think I am getting more out of it this time.

So tomorrow, I will be finishing the studio and hopefully making something. I have ideas that are finally coming up and I think I will finally have the space to make them. Now, I just have to remember to clean up after myself.

No comments: