Monday, November 23, 2009

New to you...


I am posting one piece that I did for the Skating with Scissors show and one that I have had for a while that I just never got around to posting.


I ran out of wax! I can't believe that I let myself get so low that I actually ran out. I worked so much last Friday that I used it all up. It was so fun though. Today I went out and bought some more. I should be in my studio using it, but I had to put it in the freezer to make it easier to break it up into chunks.

I am working on some Christmas presents which is really keeping my hands busy. I have so many ideas and I am not sure I will be able to do all of them. I hope I will. It would be fun to actually be prepared this season. I need to get a little bit better at planning out jobs. I feel like it's hard only because I have 3 other people in my house that have different needs and wants that are all different and are usually at different times. As much as I would love to be a "full-time" artist, I am a full time parent and wife and that's just how it is. When my kids are a little older and more self-sufficient I think I will have that time that I need. For right now, it's in fits and starts. Some times that can be extremely frustrating and other times I am pretty accepting of the fact that it is what it is. This time of my kids wanting me to do things with them (and for them) won't last forever. I have to remind myself of that fact once in a while.

I have been updating my etsy shop like a mad woman. Unfortunately that hasn't translated into sales. I am trying not to be too hard on myself. I figure there will be a time when it all comes together. Maybe this just isn't the right time. I am going to keep at it though. I love having a place to sell my paintings even if they don't really sell. I have sold a few so I shouldn't complain too much. I know this economy sort of stinks and it's always cheaper to buy a print than an original piece. But some people do like originals and I have to say I think my prices are really reasonable. Maybe I am off, but I think they are. If you think differently let me know! I would appreciate the feedback.

Off to post on my etsy shop!

1 comment:

alea Bone said...

I think your work is very reasonably priced Kelly. I love what you do. You continue to inspire me with your dedication. I can totally relate to the dilemma of dividing your time! The more art I get a chance to do, the less I want to do anything else!!