Wednesday, December 2, 2009

an unitentional break..



I didn't mean to not post for so long. Things come up and my blog gets put on the back burner.

I have had a bit of a block this week which I am finding a little frustrating. At the same time it's giving me an excuse to be a little bit of a slacker. Since I can't seem to come up with my own art I have been reading about other peoples. Blogs are great sources of inspiration for me. Sometimes I don't realize how much time I have actually spent looking at other peoples blogs. Time can fly by. The other thing I have been doing is reading books on other artist. Two of the ones I am reading now are: Charley Harper and Illustrated Life, and Joseph Cornell Navigating the Imagination. Both have amazing art and are very inspiring. I should be reading more of the text, but I love the pictures more than anything.

I am hoping to get out in the studio tomorrow and have a more productive day. I spent three hours out there on Sunday and nothing would come to me. I can't even post what I worked on because it's not good. So many things are wrong with it. Most of all I just don't like it. Some days I just can't get what is in my mind to come out in my art. That I guess is the way it goes sometimes.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you are looking forward to the weeks ahead.

No comments: