Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Again with the prices...and a show.




Ok, so after a lot of thought (I haven't been here in a while) I decided to raise my prices in my shop. I am using more expensive wood now so I need to make up for that cost. They will still be very affordable which is what I want. Anyway enough of that.

I am getting ready to apply for a show that I really, REALLY want to get into. I am not going to say what it is because I am afraid I might jinx it. The above piece is one of three that I am submitting. The deadline is coming very fast and I am not sure what other pieces to submit. I can submit up to 3. The one above is actually bigger than I usually work as it's a 10" by 10". I think I like it. I hope others like it. This is very stressful. Plus they want an artist statement etc... and I am clueless when it comes to those. I have a book that should help me. If I don't get in than at least I can say I had some good practice trying.

Nothing much has been happening around here. I got hit with a nasty bug a couple days ago and finally today feel pretty normal. It's not raining today which is always a nice change. We had a very depressing and wet sunday around here. It was dark all day and the rain never let up. I forget sometimes, especially on days like today, that it's January still. It has actually been pretty mild for us Portlanders. We still have to get thru February and March though. They can be crazy. And anyone whose been here when it snows knows how crazy we really are...

On another note, I haven't done anything remotely creative with all my cool vintage fabric I blogged about a while ago. I did move it to the sewing area. I don't think that counts as anything though. I love it so much and want to make some little bags and some day maybe a quilt. I have never made a quilt and it seems like a big endeavor but I could probably do it. It's hard to balance my studio time with all the other things I want to do. I really want to get down and sew, but once I am done in the studio I feel guilty if I don't at least put a little time into the house. Then it's time to pick up the kids and hang out with them until bedtime. By the time they go to bed I am ready for a bit of reading time and then bed myself. I used to be able to stay up really late and work on stuff, but now I am older and must get my rest :)

1 comment:

debsea said...

hi kelly - i just found your shop on etsy, and wanted to let you know i love your art! and your blog - i can relate to much of what you say.
good good lulck with the show submissions!