Monday, January 11, 2010

Vintage...





So, I am going to go off the subject of painting for a minute.....

My friend Serena gave me a big box of VINTAGE fabric. It's amazing. The box was full of treasures including vintage trims. I don't know yet what I am going to do with it all, but I know I am going to use it for something. Some of the fabrics are medium size scraps and some of it is bigger, actual yardage. My daughter has already picked out a few of the more precious fabrics that she wants to use.

Back to painting, I made it out to the studio this morning and created a piece using Cheesecloth. I think it turned out kind of cool. I just listed it in the shop.

2 comments:

brightandblithe said...

What a beautiful batch of goodies. Vintage fabrics are so much fun.

ivegotissues said...

i like the use of cheesecloth! It turned out really cool. XO - ke