Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Almost a dead stop...



So, I raised my prices (it's been a bit since I blogged I know) and guess what? My views went down and no one is biting. Hmm, it makes me wonder if this is the after affect of too much holiday shopping or if my prices are too high. This whole thing is like a science experiment. I think it is going to require constant tinkering. In my gut I feel like I have the prices at the right level, but I don't know what other people think. It's hard to tell.

I haven't been out in the studio much except for today. I made the piece above and had to quit. I have housework to do and instead of doing housework I decided I had better update my blog. I love how that works. I still have to do the housework... I am just postponing it a little bit longer. I did list it in my Etsy Shop but this is all work related so I am just doing my job.

So, Friday is coming up fast and that is the opening of the 5th Annual Portland Love Show. There are sooo many great artists in this show. I dropped off my painting and it made me so nervous. I don't know.. I second guess myself whether or not my piece can stand up to all the other amazing works of art that are going to be on display. I really am excited for the opening. I think I finally figured out what to wear (ok that was stressing me out too). If you are going, bring a can of food as this is also a fund raiser for the Oregon Food Bank. I can't wait to see what the different interpretations of love will be. I am thinking it may not all be kid appropriate, but I could be wrong. I am leaving the kiddos with their grandparents which is a win-win for all of us.

I am having problems with Photoshop and it's not letting me crop my pieces. So all the yucky background is staying. I don't like it, but don't know enough about photoshop to fix it. All I know is that I try to use the little tool that lets you put a square around what you want to crop and instead it just makes one tiny little square. So, I apologize for the crummy picture. Some how I will get this figured out.

No comments: