Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beautiful Blue..






I made some new paintings today and I think they were inspired by this beautiful blue sky we have right now. It doesn't feel much like January right now and I can't say that I mind.

I had a wonderful weekend at the beach with friends and I really think it helped me get centered again. Our friends Serena and Eddie have a family beach house that is really beautiful. The weather didn't always cooperate, but it was the Beach. I won't complain. There was some beautiful sunsets and sunrises with some rain in-between. It was a wonderful trip and I am so grateful my family was invited (and able to go).

I am back in the studio now and I am working with some new colors. I have been stuck in a little bit of a rut when it comes to color. I needed a change and I finally made one today. Tomorrow I am going to be working (hopefully) with some beautiful yellow. I will post pictures as soon as they are done. I also have been working with some nice one inch cradled wood which has been a nice change. It is not cheap, but it looks great. I am a little uncertain whether to leave the sides with all the drips and splatters or to finish them so they are cohesive with the painting. I kind of like the rawness with them unfinished, but I am not sure. So, so far I am going back and forth on it.

I am so excited I am participating in the Fifth Annual Portland Love show it opens on the 12th. I am so excited. I can't wait to see what other artist have been making. I am using a piece I made a couple of weeks ago. If you can go you should. Especially to the opening. It should be lots of fun!

No comments: