Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I finally did it....


I went thru my Etsy store last night and raised my prices. I was supposed to have done it on the first, but I waited. So, now my prices are a little higher. I think they are actually a lot better than they used to be. My work was inexpensive, but it also made it seem like it was "cheap". I feel relieved that I have it done. I guess now I just have to see what the response is.


I am getting super excited for the Love Show 5 on the 12th! It's going to be fun. I always get really excited seeing what other artists have come up with. This should be a really great show. So many artists! I have to drop off my work in the next couple of days and I have to say I am always a little intimidated when I do. I always think the person who is checking it in is going to think it sucks. I guess it doesn't matter if they do or not, but it's one of those things that I think of. I need to get over it. I am in it now, so I might as well be behind the piece that is representing me.

I spent some time in the studio this morning which was great. I have so many ideas! Finally. I couldn't be out there too long as I have a sick kid today. This cold bug seems to want to stick around. It went away for a bit, but now it's back. Anyway, the studio time I did have was great. I made the piece at the top of this page. I am LOVING this big cradled wood substrates. They are so great to work on. Plus they are bigger than I normally work and it is stretching me just a bit. It's a good feeling to push your own boundaries a bit. Working big means using more was and I am running low. I need to invest in some more. I really don't like running out of wax in the middle of a piece.

No comments: