Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New stuff and a book





I finished my commission! I am going to try to get it out before the end of the week. Once the family has it and says it's alright I will post pictures.

I made some new things and finished another piece up today. I just posted them in my Etsy shop. I have had a strange week so it was good to get in the studio and focus on some art making. The ones above are the newest.
I might be a little behind on this, but I just finished reading this great book The Handmade Marketplace. It has a ton of information for people selling handmade. I was really inspired to get more proactive in my listing and blogging. Plus the books talks about organizing craft sales (which I have been helping with for the last 4 years) and how to get into them. I thought the advice was really well written and completely accurate. I checked this out from the library, but I think I am going to go buy it. I can see using this book a lot.

I am not sure if I will have anything to post until next week. The rest of the week is full of other not so fun things. I will be back here next week for sure.

1 comment:

kim taylor - - - the sassy crafter said...

Love your work on Etsy! I've fallen in love with encaustic and you popped up during a search I did. The Circle 2 and Gypsy Moth pieces are two of my favorites.

Speaking of Handmade Marketplace, I just received my copy and can't wait to read it. I saw Keri on an Etsy Virtual Labs workshop and she was great.