Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Assemblage...


Sorry I haven't written in so long (a month!) I have had some health issues and just have not been able to get it together to post. I was out of the studio for a while as well. BUT I made it back to it. Sometimes a break is a good thing. In this case it was at least.

I have always been fascinated with Assemblage artists. I love the use of ordinary materials to make extraordinary pieces of art. I have tried making a few things over the last couple of years, but nothing that I felt really great about. For some reason after spending some time outside the studio I was itching to get in there and try it again. I had an old drawer and some other things laying around that I kept because I liked the shape of them. I was able to put them together and make something that I really like. The piece is titled Touch. I think the way that it turned out does sort of make you want to reach out and feel it. It's composed of many, many layers which was really fun to do. And of course wax. I hope you like it.

I will be out of commission for a few days until the end of next week and then I will be back to regular posting. After this break who knows what I will want to try next!

2 comments:

Tara.Fields said...

I'm really diggin on this piece, Kelly!

shakti space designs said...

me too! for sure