Friday, June 18, 2010

Bad Art...

I have been making some bad art lately. It's just not turning out. I don't know if it's just because my schedule is so different or I have just ran out of ideas for a while, but some of it is really Bad. Some of my color combination's that I thought might work out have been a mess. Muddy and ugly. I have tried a couple different texture options. Some of them have been cool, but I haven't figured out how to incorporate them into a painting. I feel like I am just beginning again. I still have my old art from when I very first started working on canvases and making collages. They are actually really funny. It's like I was just trying to put as much stuff on the canvas as possible. There was zero thought on composition. Plus the colors were really weird. I feel like I have learned a whole lot since then. Today I feel like I am almost back to that spot. Trying to put too much together. And making weird colors. I guess I need to find some nice images to look at for a bit and get myself inspired again. I have learned that no matter if it's bad art or "good" art you still have to keep making it. No matter what I will always go out to my studio and work on something. I may not like what I have made, but it has to come out somehow. Being "inspired" really doesn't play into it I guess. (sorry for the run on paragraph)

I do kind of like the piece above. It was one of the pieces that I sat on for awhile. I am going to list it in my Etsy shop today.

One more VERY important thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW JESSICA!

1 comment:

Myrakk said...

I agree with you
When I paint I need some space in my work place and I do not want to be disturbed
but sometimes I like to invite some friends to speak with them during the paint
and these talks inspires me ,I like also listen my favourite music and it is inspiring too.
Maybe you try ..