Thursday, June 17, 2010

Some new slightly different things...

These are some pieces that I did yesterday. They aren't necessarily my style, but sometimes I just have to get something down. Especially when I am not completely inspired. I usually just work through it until something happens. I have a couple pieces that I started today that are promising, I just don't know where they are going yet. I can be patient though. Sometimes things just have to come to you in their own sweet time. These pieces were done really simply. Like I said, I just needed to get something down.

Now that the kids are home from school (even though we are only on our second day) I am figuring out that I need to be able to concentrate a little better. I have been spoiled having free mornings and afternoons to myself to create whatever I want. That isn't the case now. There is always some need that needs to be met. My husband kept the kids inside for an hour this morning so I could have some uninterrupted time in the studio. I can't tell you how much that helped. Even though I didn't complete the pieces they are started and that is something.

I don't know if any of these pieces will be posted on Etsy. I haven't decided yet. They are different than what I usually make. I guess I will decide later.

Now if we could only improve the weather. That would make a major difference to my mood (and my poor lawn).

No comments: