Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tired...

I am so tired today. It's such a bummer to be tired on such a beautiful day. So, I am ignoring the major part of me that wants to take a nap and pushing through. So there sleepiness, take that!

I have some new work to show. I will post it in my Etsy shop later today. I have opened up the studio, but have not a chance to work at all today. I don't think my chance will come until later tonight. I have too much stuff to do today to take any time (including napping). 

I have been experimenting with textures in my work. Trying out different fencing materials and even a weaving tool. It's fun to see what comes out of it. Stencils are another thing I have been trying. It's fun to experiment a little and see what else I can do. 

I found this book at the library yesterday called Acrylic Revolution. I never have taken an art class so this is really neat. It talks a lot about acrylic colors and techniques and many, many things I didn't know. Some things I did know just from my own experimentation, but most are new. I feel like I am going to learn a lot and feel more confident in my acrylic paintings. 

I am currently working on an assemblage that has gone through MANY, MANY incarnations now. I think I finally have something right. I have tried many different color combination's and none of them worked. I had already laid down the main pieces so I had to work around them. Not the smartest choice. I was just so confident that my first color choices would be the right ones. I have learned my lesson. I am HOPING that tomorrow I will have some pictures of this piece to show you. I have been working on it for a couple weeks now and I am ready to let it be finished. We shall see.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: