Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Working (even in the dreary)




This weather in Portland is getting me down. I have talked to a lot of people who feel the same way. When is the rain going to stop. It's so gray out. It's June Ms. nature, cut us a break!

Ok, anyway, I have been working in the studio and just put the above three pieces up for sale in my Etsy shop. That makes me feel like I have accomplished something at least instead of crawling up with a book and waiting for the rain to stop.

I cleaned up my studio this weekend which was good. I should say that really I cleaned up the floor and all the books. I have a vast collection of vintage books that I like to look at and use. I had forgotten all the cool books I have. It was good to sort through them all and see what they were. I am always surprised that people get rid of vintage books. Especially my favorites like the old physics books or astronomy books. They have some of the best images. My all time favorites are anatomy books. The older they are the better the illustrations. I have a pretty big collection of those. Whenever I am at a garage or estate sale I always go for the books. Great treasures are found there.

This weekend is my 12 year anniversary with my husband. Wowza, things move fast. It looks like we might actually be able to get away with out kids in tow. It happens rarely so it's a pretty big treat for us. I feel lucky to have a good friend who will be taking care of them with her kids.

I hope this week is treating you well. I can't believe it is already Wednesday. Yay for short weeks!

No comments: