Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

It's a hot one today. I didn't get much done in the studio because it's just too warm. And I still haven't figured out how to get up earlier. When it's this hot I just want to sleep in. But I am not going to complain too much. I am happy summer is here. Tomorrow is my birthday and from the time I can remember it has always been hot on my birthday. Tomorrow will be no exception!

I created a couple of pieces that I am going to list in my Etsy shop today. I feel like I haven't worked enough lately. I need to be out in the studio everyday, but sometimes nothing comes out of the time in there. I am sure it will pass. I just like to be creating. It makes me feel good to make something.  

I had a really great fourth of July spending time with friends. I have some very, very talented and creative friends and it's so nice to talk to them. It doesn't happen often enough. Everyone is so busy that it's really hard to just sit down and have a conversation. This time we were able to. Check out there work, there is John Larsen, John Tankersley, and Vicki Lynn Wilson. All amazing artists. Then there were other friends there that don't call themselves artists but are also really creative. It was a great atmosphere and a great time. 


I hope all you PDXers stay cool today. Don't forget to drink water!

No comments: