Sunday, September 19, 2010

Better Late Than Never..

So, I said I would write this on Friday, but here it is Sunday and I am finally getting to it. It's been a busy weekend. 

I know I took a break from this blog for a long time over the summer. I really didn't have much to say. So much and so little happened over the summer. My painting took a big step aside this summer which was hard. I didn't really intend to take such a big break. I still opened the studio every morning, but I never felt like I had much to say. A lot was going on in my life, but nothing that I felt I could put into my paintings. Nothing that I really wanted to capture. Lots of things I just wanted to let pass.... There were some very good bonuses to being disengaged from art for a bit too, I hung out with my kids a lot. That was good and bad. Good when I was with them and we were just doing things, but not so good when any of us got cranky and just plain sick of each other. I guess that happens when you are with each other pretty much 24/7 of the summer. 
As far as my art goes. I don't really  have anything to post today. I thought that the minute the kids went back to school I would be jumping to be in my studio and paint. No interruptions, no little person trying to paint by my side.  But things just never seem to stop. I had to start over and make my painting time a priority for myself. I started painting. I have a couple that are done that I posted in my Etsy shop a while ago. I am working on two more right now. I am hesitant when it comes to painting right now. I am finding my voice again and it's just a whisper at the moment. I have so many things I want to get down, but feel like I am lacking the skills to do it momentarily. It's almost as if I have forgotten. I know it will come back to me. I just have to be patient and keep working. Again, there are all these experiences and emotions etc.. that I have to deal with and painting has always been the best way for me to do it. I just have to take the reigns off and let it out. So, what comes out from me in the future might look a little different than the past.. I don't really know. 

I will keep you posted. This blog will keep me back on track. I plan on updating it at least a couple times a week.

3 comments:

Alea Bone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alea Bone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alea Bone said...

A whisper might make a lovely painting Kelly. Explore your hesitancy, it might lead you some where unexpected and wonderful.