Monday, September 20, 2010

I love painting!

For the second day in a row I am back on this blog. Yay!

I finally did some paintings. I made out a schedule so that I could get what I needed to get done and still make painting a priority. It worked. I finished one painting, created another, posted them in my Etsy shop and am now posting on this blog. Whew. And it's not quite 1230 yet. I am so relieved. I had such a good time in the studio today. It was fun to smell the wax and look through some vintage photos and just see what I could some up with. The first painting below with the sailor and his girl is called "Hello Love" it just reminded me of people getting together after a long time being away. Of course, this isn't my family so he could be leaving. I like to think that he is back after the war. The second painting is one that I made earlier and finished today. I was listening to Michelle Shocked song "When I grow up" and this is what came up. Not sure that it actually fits what I was listening to, but it is what it is.

The last painting is something I really can't take credit for. I found the photo in an old Life magazine and cut it out and mounted it. I LOVE the photo. For some reason it just speaks to me. This one is not for sale since I can't take any credit for it's loveliness. I don't know who took the photo.

There is still so much I want to paint and I am still very unsure if I can do it. My skills feel like they are so far behind what my brain wants to do. I will keep working though. I will see you back here tomorrow. It's on my schedule!

No comments: