Thursday, October 14, 2010

Artist Fear...

I know I said I would be back on here everyday writing and showing work, but it just didn't happen. I was hit by a very big block. Not just a block of not coming up with ideas, but a complete block. A block so bad I didn't want to try. It sucks. I am now working my way out of that mental space. I have set some pretty minimal (but doable) goals for myself to get myself out and painting again. Plus, someone (I won't name who) told me that I couldn't do it. I couldn't paint for a living. That's pretty much enough for me. That made me so angry that the only thing I wanted to do was paint. Not totally a mature reaction, but it worked. I got out there today and did it. I even posted to my Etsy shop for the first time in a long time. That felt really good. 

I do hope to be updating this blog more frequently and my Etsy shop too. It needs to be done and I want to do it. I am working on the Artist Way with some friends. I just started, but I can say without a doubt that it is helping me. I didn't realize how much negative thoughts were running through my brain about my art. It wasn't pretty. I am working on getting rid of those  thoughts and replacing them with something more positive. It's going to take some work I think. But I can do it. 


Here are the new pieces I worked on today. They are currently in my Etsy shop along with about 91 other pieces! Time to clean up the shop I think.

1 comment:

Alea Bone said...

I can totally relate to the BLOCKED thing! Except the person who told me I can't paint for a living is. . . Me! You CAN do it Kelly! and so can I (I think). I want to believe it, I really do! I LOVE both of these new pieces, they feel very inspired to me. xo