Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love Show 2011


This is my piece for the 2011 Love Show. I am very excited about this show. Not only do I get to participate, but we are using it as a "date night" that doesn't happen too often. We are going on a double date with some friends which will make it twice as fun. This piece is 12x12 so it's a decent size. I had so much fun doing this piece. It was just a fun one to make. 

I am finally over my anxiety about hanging the show yesterday. I have some more pieces to make for it, but I am having a very hard time coming up with some ideas. I know I am just a little burnt and need to recharge a little. Plus, creating on-demand is extremely hard. So, I am going to give myself mini-breaks and see how that goes. I keep going out to the studio, but then finding myself coming back in. Part of it is that it is FREEZING in there. I have heater, but it takes quite a while for it to heat up. That combined with the wax can make it alright. But my hands are what are bothering me. They are so cold and I don't paint with gloves on. I don't like the way it feels. I am not portable so it's the studio or nothing. Last week's mild days were really pleasant. I was sick for most of them, but when I did make it to the studio it was nice. 

I am going to do an art challenge this month. I am pretty excited about it. It will give me some focus. The topic is "home" and it can be any interpretation. I like that. I will post on my blog each piece that I do. Hopefully I will do more than just one piece a week, but just in case I know there is at least one that needs to get done. 


I am hoping to get my Etsy shop updated very soon. It has been very neglected this last month and it needs a boost. Actually, doing all this painting over the last month has had me neglected many things. Including my house. That is a doozy of a project. Luckily my husband has been on it. He's a handy one that way. I am still learning the art of balance. How to get painting done and not neglect everything else. It's a challenge for me. I don't know how other people do it. I always put painting first (besides my family) so the house has to wait. Anyone who has been to my house knows that the laundry area is off limits. There are some things that just have to wait!


I hope you will all make it to the Love Show. I know it was great fun last year. Plus, they are taking donations for the Oregon Food Bank so it's a great cause.

1 comment:

keely said...

All of your new work looks great Kelly! You owe it to yourself to trust what you are doing and not to second guess what you come up with. You continue to grow so much as an artist and it has been so wonderful to be able to watch the process!