Monday, March 7, 2011

Flutter

I made this today in anticipation of an art fair coming up at the end of next month. It's "garden" themed so I wanted to put something nature inspired in there. I LOVE these Burlap butterflies which I have picked up at Collage here in PDX. They go so well with encaustic. The background is two original pages from a ledger dating back from 1902 - 1906. I love the writing. It's very cool. 

I finally cleaned up my studio on Saturday. It had been a huge mess after all the paintings I had done. I bought a bigger griddle that I added to my smaller one. Plus I have the big roaster that I use to melt just the medium. All in all it takes up a lot of electricity. Well, I hooked them all up and then yesterday I turned them all on. Yes, I blew the fuse. I had to do a lot of crawling around and thanks to the direction of my husband was able to fix it. So, today I forgot. This morning I went out to turn the wax on and did it again. It's not ideally set up yet, but I am working on it. 
                                                                Flutter
                                                                          Flutter Detail
I am hoping to be posting at least one painting a day. I thought I might have something coming through the pipeline that would interrupt my art a little, but that didn't work out. Now it's back to concentrating on Etsy and getting out to all the art shows. I am so happy to say that my Love Show piece sold. That was definitely a boost. I really needed that.

No comments: