Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Blog, new title, new


Here is my new blog. I needed to make a change. I felt very self-conscious for a long time putting my name next to the term Artist. I even had to have my friends say it for me when people asked what I did. I am a mom and an artist. Sometimes it seems much easier just to say that I stay at home with my kids. But that is not really the truth. I have a studio that I work in every day. Sometimes the projects are big, sometimes small. I can do several small paintings in a couple hours or one small one in a week. It depends on what inspires me and how much I am interrupted. I try to incorporate are into my kids 6 & 8's lives as well. Sometimes it works and sometimes it is a lot of WORK for me. It's a hard balance trying to be creative and not snapping at your kids when you are in the middle of something that takes your full mind some place else.
So, here I am. I am an artist. I have been in 4 shows (including one solo). My work was recently published in a book 1000 Artist Journal Pages. Page 74 in case you are checking! The information to contact me is incorrect. It should read Hesse@qwest.net

Tomorrow, more work in the studio. More postings here.

No comments: