Sunday, August 3, 2008

Small, Medium or Large



This is a piece I worked on a couple weeks ago. I really like it. I think it's because it is confusing, you are not sure what you are looking at yet.

I am not a large canvas person. I am learning this as I try to work on a very large 4'X5' canvas. I have had it for over a year and still am struggling. I like to work in the medium range. Large for me is a 24" X 24". That I can do. Larger than that and I just don't know how to fill it up. I love the idea of working on a large canvas. I created a collage on a 3'X3' for a show at the Portland Art Center. That was a challenge, but I enjoyed. I liked the work and was happy I was able to do it. That is as big I have ever worked. So now along with my other collages and paintings I am working on ATC's aka Artist Trading Cards. These cards are very small, the same size as playing cards. Although I like to work small, these are very small. Another challenge for me. I have done several and am starting to feel much more comfortable. They still feel really small. It looks like I am going to donate a piece to a Doctors Without Borders auction. I am really excited about this. I don't mind donating pieces, especially for such a good cause.

No comments: