Monday, August 18, 2008

inspiration...

So, I missed this weekend for posting. I was helping a friend out with her garage sale. I forgot how much work goes into one of those. Anyway, not a lot of studio time happened. I did a lot of work on pages for my journal but only with gesso. I haven't had a lot of time to do much else.

What I did do last night was buy the new issue of Vogue magazine. I only buy the really fat ones because I feel like I get my moneys worth. I don't buy it for the articles. I buy it because when a magazine comes out with a fall fashion issue it is chock full designers ads that have the best colors, photography, design etc.. They are really inspiring to me. I love the fall ads the best. The eggplants, and blacks with the beige. I have never done a painting in those colors, but I am thinking I would really like to.

I have some deadlines that I have to meet over the next few days (along with getting the kids ready for school) and am hoping I will have a lot more to post photo wise.

Here is a piece I am working on for a woman's show. The white flecks are actually silver glitter.

No comments: