Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Better....

Today was a better day...
Here is what I did. I worked on this for my friend.
Like I said in my last post, I am making some bad art. But it is what it is. That is the only way I know how to make this shrine. It is soothing to have something to put these items on. I see them all the time and they always remind me of her, so now they all can be in one place. It makes me happy to see it all together. Maybe I will keep it here for a while.

Yesterday I felt very lost in my studio. Today I walked in and started taking pictures. I took pictures of everything in there. It felt good. I think I was connected with all my Things. I love my things. Sometimes I wish my things could all fit in a box to use at night while the kids are asleep. I don't feel comfortable working in the studio and leaving them 15 feet away in the house. Plus, I am a bit of a chicken. It's dark out there.
I have been missing my art journal pages. I used to put all my supplies (there were a lot less then) on the table and work for hours. I miss that. I would end up with a huge mess. But I did feel good when I was doing it. I had everything right there when I needed it. Now I have too much stuff to do that. I have tried working with less supplies, but I KNOW what I have. So, that entails many trips to the studio with what I want and a few "just in case" items. I need to narrow myself down to a few things. If I ever get that figured out I will be happy.
There are still shows out there that need to be applied to and work that needs to be done. And so I am going to work to work and feel good for a bit. Work because I love it and go crazy without it.
Here is my space all messy and unorganized.

Somehow even a child showed up in there!

No comments: